The best way to get around Vienna is to use the city's public transport network. The approximately 937 km route network comprises 5 underground lines, 28 tram lines and 90 bus routes, to take you comfortably and reliable across Vienna.
The Vienna Card is the beneficial ticket for our visitors. It includes
- 72 hours of free travel on all public transport routes in Vienna
- more than 210 discounts in Vienna's museums, heuriger, cafés etc.
- Price: €19.90
You can buy the Vienna Card at our tourist information offices, in your hotel, at the advance sale points of the Vienna Lines in the main metro stations and online in advance.
Further tickets for Vienna's public transport lines:
- 24-hour network card: €6.70
- 48-hour network card: €11.70
- 72-hour network card: €14.50
- 8-day climate card: €33.80
- Weekly ticket (only valid from Monday to Monday at 9.00 am); €15
- Monthly ticket: €45
- Single tickets: €2
The tickets are available from:
- all advance sales points of the Vienna Lines
- vending machines in subway stations (menu control in German, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Slovakian, Hungarian, Slovenian and Croatian)
- the online shop of the Vienna Lines
- most tobacconists.
Single tickets with a price supplement of €2.20 can also be validated on buses and trams. Please have exact change ready!
Especially good value for families:
During the Vienna school holidays as well as on Sunday and public holidays, all children up to 15 years (proof of age required!) ride for free. Children up to 6 years of age always travel for free on Vienna's public transport network.
Vienna's metro lines, trams and buses cover about 181,000 km every day. That's the equivalent of 4.5 times around the world each day.
- The underground trains (U-Bahn) run from about 5.00 am in the morning to about midnight
- Trams and buses normally stop running earlier. At detailed timetable is available at each stop or on your mobile with the qando app.
- The underground trains run around the clock on Friday and Saturday and on the eve of public holidays!
- Night buses run every night along the city's most important routes
- The qando app brings the timetables and routes of the Vienna Lines to your mobile, with real-time information.
For more information and links:
Online timetable information of the Vienna Lines
Vienna Lines customer service, tel. +43-1-7909-100
Overview map of Vienna's underground and express train lines